By Michael Fisher
Fisher starts off with a whole creation to the topic, protecting the fundamentals of temporal good judgment and utilizing a number of examples, workouts and tips to extra complicated paintings to aid make clear and illustrate the subjects mentioned. He is going directly to describe how this common sense can be utilized to specify numerous computational structures, taking a look at problems with linking necessities, concurrency, conversation and composition skill. He then analyses temporal specification suggestions akin to deductive verification, algorithmic verification, and direct execution to advance and be sure computational platforms. the ultimate bankruptcy on case experiences analyses the aptitude difficulties which may ensue in more than a few engineering functions within the components of robotics, railway signalling, layout, ubiquitous computing, clever brokers, and knowledge safeguard, and explains how temporal common sense can increase their accuracy and reliability.
- Models temporal notions and makes use of them to investigate computational systems
- Provides a wide method of temporal common sense throughout many formal equipment - together with specification, verification and implementation
- Introduces and explains freely to be had instruments in accordance with temporal logics and indicates how those could be applied
- Presents workouts and tips to extra learn in each one bankruptcy, in addition to an accompanying site offering hyperlinks to extra platforms dependent upon temporal good judgment in addition to extra fabric concerning the book.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Practical Formal Methods Using Temporal Logic PDF
Similar logic books
Professor Merrie Bergmann offers an available advent to the topic of many-valued and fuzzy common sense designed to be used on undergraduate and graduate classes in non-classical common sense. Bergmann discusses the philosophical matters that supply upward push to fuzzy common sense - difficulties coming up from imprecise language - and returns to these matters as logical platforms are offered.
This quantity tackles Gödel's two-stage venture of first utilizing Husserl's transcendental phenomenology to reconstruct and increase Leibniz' monadology, after which founding classical arithmetic at the metaphysics hence bought. the writer analyses the old and systematic facets of that undertaking, after which evaluates it, with an emphasis at the moment level.
"Tieszen’s easily Gödel is a notable achievement—a convenient consultant with the impression of a philosophical tome. It’s all the following: elegantly lucid discussions of Kurt Gödel’s epochal discoveries, a sympathetic account of the eccentric genius’s existence, centred discussions of his encounters together with his astonished friends, and a visionary peek into the way forward for arithmetic, philosophy, and the on-rushing specter of robots with minds.
Because their inception, the views in common sense and Lecture Notes in good judgment sequence have released seminal works via major logicians. some of the unique books within the sequence were unavailable for years, yet they're now in print once more. during this quantity, the 6th book within the views in good judgment sequence, Keith J.
- Runtime Verification: 6th International Conference, RV 2015, Vienna, Austria, September 22-25, 2015. Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Admissible Sets and Structures (Perspectives in Logic)
- Matrix Logic: Theory and Applications
- The Tbilisi Symposium on Logic, Language and Computation: Selected Papers: Vol 1 (Studies in Logic, Language, and Information)
- Forcing, Iterated Ultrapowers, and Turing Degrees (Lecture Notes Series, Institute for Mathematical Sciences, National University of Singapore)
- Programming Languages and Systems: 13th Asian Symposium, APLAS 2015, Pohang, South Korea, November 30 - December 2, 2015, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra info for An Introduction to Practical Formal Methods Using Temporal Logic
An Introduction to Practical Formal Methods Using Temporal Logic by Michael Fisher